Monday, July 14, 2008

Piggie Bank

So, on Friday, I was under the impression that when I woke up from my nap.....I was a piggie bank. My mom was vacuuming the carpet and found a nickel under the couch. She asked me to please pick it up and put it on the kitchen counter. I had every intention of doing just that. But, on the way to the counter, I saw something else I wanted to do that needed both hands. So I put the nickel in my teeth. Then, when I stood up...(You know where this is going, right?)....The money went down my "froat"! I then ran out to my mom to tell her just that. She started freaking out just a little bit. Finally decided to call 911. The ambulance came and the three paramedics couldn't understand why they were there since I was dancing around the living room, obviously not in an emergency state. They told my mom to take me to an urgent care. It was the end of the day and daddy was almost home. So once he got there, we took off for an urgent care 15 minutes north of our house. We were there for about an hour. They took an x-ray, saw that it was in my stomach, and sent us to the Children's Hospital......40 minutes south. (We should have gone there to begin with.) Once we made it to the ER, I got another x-ray. It showed that it was still in my stomach. They sent us to a little room and told us a surgeon would be right in. 3 HOURS LATER he opened the door, told us it was in my stomach and so he wasn't going to do anything but wait it out. Then he sent us home. We got home at 1:00 am. Yes, I know that money doesn't go into my mouth and I'm not supposed to eat it. I've known that for over a year. I wasn't trying to eat it. I was trying to pick up my shoes and needed both hands to do it.

Needless to say, everyone gets really excited when I have to...ahem.... use the restroom. But, the nickel hasn't come to the surface yet. While at the Border's restroom on Sunday, the people in the other stalls were laughing when I asked my mom if my nickel came out yet. I'm sure it's just gonna clink right into the toilet all nice and shiny. I have to have it back, but mommy says she's not sure I'm gonna get to keep it. Boo!

I went to my doctor for a follow-up appointment this morning. My tummy isn't sore anywhere, so unless the nickel makes an appearance before Monday, I will be getting another x-ray in a week. I was able to get weighed today. I'm a whopping 29 lbs. I've gained a 1/2 lb in 7 months. I better start watching my diet.

No comments: