Wednesday, January 07, 2009

A Note From Mommy.....

Here is a picture of the first time Noel wrote her name in the correct way.  Usually she would just write a random amount of N's O's E's and L's all over the page in varying sizes.  Today she sat down while I was feeding Bodie and said, "I'm gonna color a E."  And she did.  Then the next time I turned around she had the O and L right beside it.  I said, "Isn't there another letter in your name?"  She said, "N!  Up down up."  Then put it in front of the E -backwards of course- but that's great.  (Yes, I know that the E and O are mixed up.  It doesn't matter.)  Noel wrote her name.  ALL BY HERSELF!  At the same time she was doing that, Bodie finished his cereal and I started loading the dishwasher.  I turned to look at Bodie and he was banging his two fists together - very close to the sign for "more".  And I said, "Bodie do you want more?"  And he started banging his fists really fast and laughing.  So I gave him some cheerios and he ate them all up.  Both of my kids were having "firsts" at the same time.  Yay!

This is the very seat that Bodie was sitting in when he signed "more".  Of course he wouldn't do it for me when I asked him to.  At that point he didn't want more.  I know he's wearing a pink bib.  He doesn't care.  His sister LOVES pink and sparkly, and for now he does too.  It's what happens when your big sister is a princess.  Don't tell his grandma Becky he's got the pink bib on.  She'll run out and buy him 7 blue ones just to make up for it.  ;) 


Amazing right?  Vladdy is capable of calming down.  We had a very nice day on Monday and she took the opportunity to relax by the pool.


Here's a cute picture of Bodie playing while I was making him dinner.  He's trying to eat the tire off his new car he got for Christmas.  He will sit in there and play for two hours if I need him to while I'm cleaning.  Luckily for him, I don't clean too often.

1 comment:

monica said...

Noel,
Great job writing your name! I know your mommy is so proud of you. Can you pass a message on to Bodie for me? Tell him he did a good job signing for more food. And maybe you can tell him that some day you'll be able to help him learn to write his name!